Yamaha has unveiled two brand new ways to enjoy the unparalleled immersive audio experience of Dolby Atmos® right in your home — introducing the SR-B40A and SR-B30A sound bars. With wireless and built-in subwoofers respectively, these new models promise extraordinary sound performance with a user-friendly interface.
The latest addition to Yamaha’s Dolby Atmos soundbars series – which has recently been expanded with a couple of new entries – these sound bars are set to cater to a broad spectrum of audiophiles and their diverse applications.
The immense surge in Dolby Atmos use for movies, binge-worthy streaming shows, musical tunes, and riveting games has made it evident that an intricate home theater setup isn’t a prerequisite to savor this sonic treat. According to Alex Sadeghian, director of consumer audio at Yamaha Corporation of America, “Our new B40 and B30 sound bars allow individuals to effortlessly set up an immersive soundscape that truly vivifies all Dolby Atmos content.”
Crafted with sonic excellence as the cornerstone, these sound bar models reproduce sound with remarkable clarity, detail, and a sense of spatial realism. The all-in-one SR-B30A sound bar employs dual built-in subwoofers and a bass-reflex design to deliver full-range sound from a single entity – an ideal solution for compact living spaces, bedrooms, and dens. The SR-B40A, on the other hand, enhances the bass rendition with a wireless subwoofer that can be conveniently placed anywhere in the room.
“Our new B40 and B30 sound bars allow individuals to effortlessly set up an immersive soundscape that truly vivifies all Dolby Atmos content.”
Listeners can customize the sound on these models to suit their content or personal preference, thanks to a plethora of controls and settings including four sound mode options, standalone subwoofer volume control, and app-based tone controls for precise EQ fine-tuning. The Yamaha Clear Voice feature amplifies dialogue clarity, while the Bass Extension gives a robust presentation of low-end frequencies.
Installation is a breeze for both models – all it takes is a single-cable HDMI connection between your TV and the sound bar through eARC/ARC. HDMI CEC allows for easy basic control via a TV remote, such as power on/off, volume, and mute. Purchasing these sound bars also grants you a remote for complete control over settings, and a free downloadable app for iOS and Android that turns any smartphone or tablet into a remote – great for multi-user households.
Key Features & Benefits:
- Sound Processing – Dolby Atmos, Dolby True HD, Dolby Digital Plus and more
- Speaker Drivers – SR-B40A: Bar: (4) 1.75″ cone full range, (2) 1″ dome tweeters Subwoofer: (1) 6.25″ cone with bass reflex SR-B30A: (4) 1.75″ cone full range, (2) 1″ dome tweeters, (2) 3″ cone subwoofers with bass reflex
- Sound Modes – Standard, Movie, Game and Stereo
- Clear Voice – Amplifies dialogue clarity
- Bass Extension – Enhances low-frequency performance
- Easy Connectivity – HDMI eARC/ARC (with HDMI CEC), optical input
- Intuitive Controls – Top panel controls on the sound bar, remote control, and the Sound Bar Remote app for iOS and Android
- Music Streaming – Bluetooth connectivity
- Placement – Can be positioned on a tabletop or mounted on a wall
Price & Availability:
- SR-B40A: Priced at $399.95 MSRP, set to be available by the end of this month.
- SR-B30A: Priced at $279.95 MSRP, available from September 2023.
Stay tuned, as we’ll soon be diving deep into both of these sound bars with comprehensive reviews and head-to-head comparisons.